In January 2014, S4S agreed on behalf of the UK government, to design and implement a programme of activity to achieve the following goals;
- Create 250 jobs in the South West Peninsula Region
- Assist in the provision of £1,953,000 match funding the solution
S4S developed an intensive Six week course which combined world-class training, personal business advice and individual support. This tailored training resulted in every participant gaining the knowledge and skills required to write and prove the content of a comprehensive business plan and cash flow for their business. This immersive course took place in seven locations across the South West Peninsula Region between June and November 2014.
- 419 jobs created and £2,503,297 of private match funding by the end of the evidencing project timeline as a result of the School for Startups South West Peninsula Programme.
- 97% of respondents were satisfied with the course, 77% of which were very satisfied.
- 97% of participants were likely to recommend the course to a friend
- Overall participants agreed that the course improved their skills and confidence across all topics